Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 30 April 2016

Review: When I'm Gone

When I'm Gone When I'm Gone by Emily Bleeker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This book is one I have not only read but digested.
Its emotional, its intriguing, its kind of concerning.

Emotional because Luke had to bury his young wife who suffered cancer and didn't win.
Leaving behind three children for him to bring up.
His sadness along with helping his children is an everyday struggle that Annie [his wife's friend] helps him with.

But then comes a letter through his letterbox, its a letter from his dead wife.

I began to think she had got someone to post this after her death.

But more arrive as time goes on and its his wife definitely writing to him. Who is posting these letters.
Are they disturbing or unacceptable? No, he finds them quite comforting until as time goes on Will his son finds something that makes Luke think unbelievable things and ideas.

I cannot tell you too much in fear of giving much away.

But the search for the truth takes him back down dark paths of his past he didn't want to remember so we get more and more of an incite to Luke's life growing up.

The story ends unexpectedly. It turns in such a way you wouldn't expect it.

Great read, highly recommend this.

I was granted this to read by Lake Union Publishing via Net Galley



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment