Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 18 April 2016

Review: Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? Can You Keep a Secret? by Caroline Overington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I don't think there are many families that don't have secrets. But there are secrets that are best kept because it might hurt someone and you are not benefiting anyone else but the release of the burden from yourself by telling the other person.

Then there are bad secrets that are so deep that when or if they come out they can split a family right down the middle or explode it into a zillion little pieces.

Caroline Overington is a great storyteller, each book I have read by her has left me thoughtful.

At the opening of this book is a dramatic scene that will keep your attention and begin to enfold you into each page.

The reason for my 4 stars is because at times when the author changed to third person it became more confusing to keep abreast of things, so then I began to struggle.

I got it, but I didn't like it being split that way. That is my preference and not a reflection on the story it just didn't make for easy reading after that.

Plot is good and paced well though.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment