Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Review: The Way We Were

The Way We Were The Way We Were by Sinéad Moriarty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Sinéad Moriarty is one of my favourite authors who I have come to eagerly await her 'next book'. Oftentimes they are written around family, dysfunctional or otherwise and this one is written in a way that it could happen to you, to someone you know or someone who knows someone.

Its realistic in its entirely and the characters become fixtures in your head.

Everything that could be said about what the book is about has already been covered by a lot of other reviewers and for me to add more will just ruin the saga for you all.

I do have one fault, I think the 'cutting yourself i.e self harming' episodes could have been gone into more I think, not for gorey issues but for the indepth of the situation and why people may do this, the emotional side.

This was another book I just couldn't put down until I had finished it.


* My thanks go to Penguin Books (UK) via Net Galley for my chance to read this and review it*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment