Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Review: Dead Money Run

Dead Money Run Dead Money Run by J. Frank James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I was offered a copy of this book in paperback from the author and its been sitting on my bedside awaiting its turn to be read.

I have to say, I am a sucker for a cover, a cover that attracts me and this one just didn't do it for me so maybe that is why its been sat for so long unread.

You can never tell a book by its cover though and this turned out to be an interesting story. Most of the reviews have touched on the proceedings of this book and what the story is about.

So I am going to say this, I have give it 4 stars not to sit on judgement but because I read near on 500 books per year and a book has to SO stand out to make it rise above the piles of the kind of genre this is aiming for. I say it is part way there.

At times it was seemingly written very professionally and then it left me with my eyes raising to the ceiling thinking the author could have worded that sentence better or even deleted that paragraph or enhanced this or that.

I do not profess to be anyone but a reader. I am not a critic. I just say what I felt worked or didn't work for me personally and I won't split hairs just because someone wants a 'good' review out of me.

It has all the makings of a 'good read' and 3 stars from me means it was OK. But it didn't hold with the best I have read in debut novels or ones that are newly Indie lately.

I do not mean this in an awful way, just truthful. And after all, if someone asks me for an honest review, its what you will get but I wish to never cause offence just to say, work on it, enhance it, jiggle up, get some advice and make it the best of the best to stand out in this over growing book world.

Thank you to the PA/publicist and author for allowing me to read and await my honest review

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment