Friday, 25 March 2016

Review: Another Love

Another Love Another Love by Amanda Prowse
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Amanda Prowse [to me] always seems to deliver a read that takes your eyes to to the pages of her writing, seeps into your heartstrings, twangs them, and even sometimes breaks them. Someone who is not afraid to tackle subjects that go on within some peoples day to day lives who like to either ignore or 'sweep them under the carpet'. She meets it head on. And you have no choice but to meet things head on too and learn, and understand and open your mind and heart to what she is writing about.

If you have had or known or been close to someone who tackled alcohol addiction you can either not read this book, bury your head in the sand, ignore it and it might go away [but it doesn't.....ever] or you can actually read this, yes its a novel, but its written in a way that everyone would understand the emotional side of why someone drinks. NO excuse whatsoever for someone doing this, but the first thing we need to do is to understand it. It can happen to anyone of us and this author really doesn't hold back on hitting where it might hurt.

I am a king of person that likes to take on problems head on, I don't want to run, I want to face it, I find its the only way to deal with a problem [no matter what it is].

I do understand that this subject matter will bring back unhappy memories for many.

My Moms father was a drinker, he beat his wife, they moved into my Grandmas house and continued living there and let him 'get on with it'. Those were many many years ago. Now alcohol is and addiction, even treated like an illness. Whatever your thoughts are on that, this will evoke many different dimensions to it. It did for me.

You will need tissues to read some of these parts.
You may not.

You may say "its self inflicted"
You may say "let them rot"


Whatever your views are on the subject, this book will give an insight to how fast the decline can be to an addiction, and why.

Remember too, whilst reading this, some of us are emotionally stronger than others, some of us have family around us but not supportive or close, some of us have a life that has gone to plan, some of us have a life that we planned but was diverted by unforeseen circumstances.

Keep an open mind.

As with any author who has the courage to write such a emotive subject [its like Politics] we all have our views, keep an open mind and you may be surprised.

I loved this book and I am so glad I got an advanced copy from Head of Zeus Via Net Galley for my review. I love this authors books as she never holds back. Her writing is superb and your details are defined.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment