Saturday, 13 February 2016

Review: The Promise

The Promise The Promise by Alison Bruce
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Although this is book 6 in the series, I was wondering how I would fair reading it as I may have missed out on such a lot.

I think I would have been better prepared if I had read the others in the series but it wasn't that bad actually.

I, of course, didn't know about this Gary Goodhew and his last case, it does infringe on several bits outlining it so that the reader is reminded, but seeing that I hadn't read prior to this, it didn't complete the bigger picture of course.

Did this matter at the end of the day?
Well, yes and no. Yes because for me I like to read books in order, but for story, really, I think you can get into it quite well and by the time you are halfway through, it really doesn't matter one iota. But, after saying this, it leaves you in a bit of an abyss. Because the story goes back and forth you tend to be wandering in a mist.

So would I honestly say read the others? Yes I would.

There is a past to Gary Goodhew that is about to come out which keeps you biting your nails.

Its hard for me to comment objectively as I REALLY do feel I have missed out on a great impact somewhere along the line.

I requested this from Net Galley via Little, Brown Book Group UK

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment