Monday, 1 February 2016

Review: Journey to Death

Journey to Death Journey to Death by Leigh Russell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars




I have only just become acquainted with Leigh Russell and her books. This is the first book I have read by her as I have only just discovered her via Facebook and Net Galley. I think that was a good thing.

This is a story that slowly builds.

Picture this:

A man living on an Island, falls in love, but he has to leave the Island, not through choice, but because he is forced to leave. He has also to leave his woman behind with promises of his returning.

Many years later he returns with his wife and his grown daughter Lucy.

Lucy his daughter has been persuaded to go with her parents after the breakup of her cheating boyfriend.

Now that is the layout in short.

I was reading and I could feel the tension mounting as the author 'drops' in little nuggets of interest now and again that will keep you on the 'alert'.
A few times someone is mentioned and you think.....hmmmmmm

Its a slow build up to a climax of events that interlock with the past.

Its not an "on the edge of your seat" thriller, but its what I call 'a good 'un' because this just keeps you wondering with each page you flick.

Its surrounding with a family story, a kidnap and all sorts of things to keep you guessing.

I liked it that much that I will be looking at the authors other books.

*My thanks to the author Leigh Russell and Thomas & Mercer for my copy via Net Galley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment