Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Review: Good Girls Don't Die

Good Girls Don't Die Good Girls Don't Die by Isabelle Grey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved Isabelle Grey books.
But this one turned out to be quite slow for me, the pace was very tedious at times and I tried to make myself stay with it because I respect this author so much.

For some reason it just didn't pull me in like the others she has written.

Grace joins a team that are looking for Polly throughout this book. Shes missing, taken or ran off, no one quite knows and although there are many suspects, you never get to know for sure which one it could be.

Grace is in disgrace for dobbing in another officer from her previous location [we get to learn what as time goes on] so now is in another part of town in another division.

Another person is found dead.

There are leads that are not to be told to the public but it gets leaked out and Grace is looking like shes in the firing line.

It makes for a huge enormous brilliant story, but just something was lacking. I can't put my finger on it.

Although Polly was referred to in the book, it was like sometimes she had vanished from the pages of the book to and poked back in as an after thought.

Its MY opinion and I am not being a critic, I just found it very difficult to keep with it.

Like I said, I finished it because I respected the authors previous work. I will still be reading any other subsequent books she writes this won't put me off.

*My thanks to Quercus Books via Net Galley for my copy*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment