Saturday, 13 February 2016

Review: Beneath The Surface

Beneath The Surface Beneath The Surface by Heidi Perks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I am a Mom of two adult children. Any mother would find it hard to choose which child to take and which to leave behind, let alone if there were more than two.

Why would a Mom abandon one child and take her other two? Leaving a child in despair?

You are sixteen and you arrive home. Only to find emptiness. Your Mother is gone and your siblings.
Imagine the effect it would have on you.
Abbi's therapist suggest she writes letters to come to terms with her feelings. Write them down and see how she feels, her emotions, her love for her family and Mother who abandoned her. Her disbelief.

So some of the chapters are written from Abbi's letters. They are heartfelt.

There are secrets and lies woven into this story.

This is not a thriller of sorts, but it does have mystery.

I had to admit that the second half of the story made me cry. The tears flowed at the end.


This is a well written book that if made into a drama on TV would get everyone glues to the TV I assure you.

Brilliantly played out.

My thanks to the author for the chance to read and review this it was certainly MY pleasure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment