Saturday, 13 February 2016

Review: Beautiful Broken Things

Beautiful Broken Things Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



You know when you start one of those books that you just know, you have an inner gut feeling "This is gonna be a good 'un?"
Well, let me tell you, this surely is.

This brings out emotions in you constantly from laughter to tears of sadness.

The main characters are Caddy, Rosie and Suzanne.
You know or remember, those feelings you had as a teenager, wanting, no...needing to be accepted by your peers. Wanting everyone to 'like' you.
All those confusing thoughts that go on inside your head and worrying about what others might think. Well, this is a story unlike any other I have read lately as its not a romance in the true sense of this. This is about mental health, this is about family, this is about friendship.

What happens when a best buddy breaks your heart?
Follow it, sense it, live it. It will make you cry.

Beautifully written and a fabulous debut novel from this author.
I cannot wait to see what else she writes.


*My thanks to Pan Macmillan via Net Galley for my copy to read and review*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment