Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 1 January 2016

Review: The Girl You Lost

The Girl You Lost The Girl You Lost by Kathryn Croft
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an amazing read. It was gripping from the start. Any story with a child in it appeals to me, coupled with abduction and intrigue and mystery, this has it all.
Matt and Simone are a young couple who find themselves with the expectation of a baby sooner than planned. Matt is still studying but Simone is happy to find herself pregnant. The apartment they live in is not spacious but Simone says they can manage.

One day Matt's Mother offers to take the baby out to get some fresh air. Whilst out, she is taken unwell and during the time it takes her to visit the facilities in the park, she turns around and the baby Helena, only 6 months old has vanished.

Imagine this.

18 years on and of course Matt's Mother still blames herself. Simone is devastated. She never gives up hope for the return of her daughter.
Matt is trying to move on.

But one day appears Grace, she turns up telling Simone that she knows where Helena is.
Is Grace her daughter? Or does Grace know where she is?

There are twists in this story that are unexpected, I didn't guess it one little bit at the end.

Kathryn Croft has woven a story that kept me hooked to my Kindle. I didn't put it down and I never left my Kindle anywhere that day, I took it from room to room and out in the car and picked it up at each chance I got to read more. I finished this in one day.

I would love to see this as a drama or film, it really played out in my mind with such believable living breathable characters. I could see them and I could hear them.

Awesome read.

*my thanks to Bookouture via Net Galley for my copy*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment