Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 20 November 2015

The Right Wrong Thing by Ellen Kirschman

The Right Wrong ThingThe Right Wrong Thing by Ellen Kirschman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I am going to be honest here [as always] and say, I loved the blurb.
Then when I started to read it, I wondered why I had chosen it then it really started to pick up.

I am not giving anything away as its in the blurb already, but when it got to the part where Randy Spelling shot someone, it really did feel like I was not going to be able to put this book down.

Background.

Women find it hard going [even to this day] in a "man orientated job" that was of more leaning to the males than females, and even if there are laws and rules in place, there is always going to be some that think women are not best suited for certain types of work.

This is not different within the Police force that we read about in this book.

We see how women have to not just do a "good" job, but they have to be "perfect and do it above average" because it makes a woman feel they need to 'prove' themselves.

Randy has always wanted to work for the Police and follow her brothers and Fathers footsteps.

She did vigorous training both physical and mental to get where she was within the force.

Until...

She was out on duty and she shot a young girl, a young girl who looked to be pulling out a gun on her.
She shot her dead.

What transpires from this is something so intense, so mind blowingly extensive and so sad, also so dangerous and so intense, I bet you won't be able to put the book down.
I stayed up reading this until I finished it the early hours.

I like to keep my book reading material varied so that I can approach a book and not to compare with another in the same genre.
This book took me by total surprise.

Not having heard of this author before, I am not putting her on a list for "keep an eye out for further books" List.


*Thank you to Oceanview Publishing via Net galley for allowing me to read and review this awesome book *


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment