Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 20 November 2015

Forgiven: The Amish School Shooting, a Mother’s Love, and a Story of Remarkable Grace by Terri Roberts

Forgiven: The Amish School Shooting, a Mother’s Love, and a Story of Remarkable GraceForgiven: The Amish School Shooting, a Mother’s Love, and a Story of Remarkable Grace by Terri Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



When I saw this book I just had to read it.
I love Amish stories, but I have never ever read one like this.

This is a true story.

In the event that has shocked the world this week with what has happened in Paris, I couldn't help think. The people who do these deliberate acts, killing people. We all feel for the relatives of the loved ones that have killed, children, women and men.
But behind the "killer" is someone's Mom.
A mom that cared, nurtured and brought their child up, not to kill, not to maim, not to harm. Not to have a disrespect for another persons life.

But it happens.

And here is the account of a Mother who had to come to turns with the fact that her son had gone into an Amish school house [one room] and gunned down 10 girls, killing 5 then taking his own life.

How would you feel as a Mom.

All the emotions that go come with this.

This is an Amish Mom who only knew her son as an honorable man. Not anymore.


Shame has been brought upon her.

We see her struggles, but we also see how the Amish religion and beliefs can come to the fore in this. Hard to understand, but true, and yes, believable and real.

This was a heart wrenching, thought provoking read. Upsetting but also inspirational at times.


I would like to give my thanks to Bethany House via Net Galley for my chance to read and review this truly evocative read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment