Thursday, 5 November 2015

Dilly's Sacrifice by Rosie Goodwin

Dilly's SacrificeDilly's Sacrifice by Rosie Goodwin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Rosie Goodwin has been on of my favourite authors for a long time now, even though I have branched out with my reading matter over the years, I can't help but return to the authors that stirred my heart with their books.

Dilly finds herself pregnant with yet another child, her husband is out of work and they can't afford another mouth to feed.

Dilly sacrificed one child so that her other four children could have a better life in Ireland.

This is an historical fiction in the years before the first world war, so you need to set your mind back on what life was like then.

Rosie Goodwin always writes a powerful emotive family story that gets at your heart strings and this one is no different.

For all the readers liking books as this, this one should be on your Kindle or in your hands to read next.

*My thanks go to Little, Brown Book Group UK via Net Galley for my copy*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment