Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Wreckage by Emily Bleeker

WreckageWreckage by Emily Bleeker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was a great story to sneak under my duvet last night as start to read. I didn't expect I would be still reading and hearing the birds tweet outside my bedroom window telling me it was early morning. I got so carried away with this. Needless to say, I slept in later.

This has all the elements of what I would call, survival suspense.

After the plane crash and before the plane the plane crash, those are the main themes of the chapter through the book.

I have to say that at times I got a bit frustrated, I wanted to 'gee it up a bit' because some things were taking ages to pan out. But we got there in the end, as you do.


A plane crash changed not only the survivors but also the relatives of those that were involved, we see that plainly from the event.

We see secrets and lies too.


Lillian and Dave were marooned on this Island, they didn't feel they had much time left to live. That was poignant.
Also, I think the thing that enriched this read, well.....there were several really, but this is a gentle love story, the romance was exquisite.

This is not a straight forward tale of a woman who was a survivor of a plane crash, this has a much wider scope, far more than is in the blurb.


I am definitely looking forward to reading more from this author.

** Thank you to Lake Union Publishing via Net Galley for my copy **





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment