Sunday, 4 October 2015

The Unforgiving Shore by Gil Hogg

The Unforgiving ShoreThe Unforgiving Shore by Gil Hogg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Oh my, what a powerful unsettling read.

Why unsettling? Well......

I did not like Ellen Colbert one little bit

Abandoning her husband because he is disabled was not a good start for me. I know this happens, and I know how much time and patience, and how it inflicts on your life, ......oh and how much love it takes.....

THEN

I reminding myself.....c'mon Sue, this is fiction.
But fiction has to be "believable" right? or it becomes a fairytale. SO how good did this author write this book?

Let me tell you If she was able to evoke this reaction from me then she did her job right?
Oh yes she did.

Not content with escaping to another Country with someone else, EVEN that didn't pan out and she did something else that made me question her decisions [let alone her sanity or morals]

Would I recommend this to you?

If you like a raw story, if you like drama, if you question other peoples decisions and reactions to certain things in life that keep your jaw dropping to the floor.........
Yes, YES, Yes


My sincere thanks to the author for bringing out reactions in me to your story and to Troubador Publishing Ltd via Net Galley for allowing me an advanced copy to read and review







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment