Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 27 October 2015

How to Prune Trees & Shrubs: Easy Techniques for Timely Trimming. A Storey

How to Prune Trees & Shrubs: Easy Techniques for Timely Trimming. A Storey BASICS® TitleHow to Prune Trees & Shrubs: Easy Techniques for Timely Trimming. A Storey BASICS® Title by Barbara Ellis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was happy to read and review this book as I am always confused with what tools and how to prune different plants and trees. Am I cutting them off right, will they grow back OK and healthy the next year, am I killing them! what sort of pruning/cutting tool should I use.

The first chapters teach us what kind of tools we need for each job we want to undertake.

Pruning fruit trees, pruning vines.
And also, which a lot of us grow in our gardens....pruning roses correctly so we can get good healthy blooms the following year.

Along with this, we need to learn to prune at the correct time of the year. That's another thing I get confused about.

I have learnt how to do 'thinning cuts'.


There are plenty of pictures for diagrams making things easier to follow within the pages so, if you are a gardener its a handy book, if you are just starting out, its handy, and even if you have been growing things for years, its still good to recap on how to do it.

I found this book very useful indeed.

I had an early edition of this book from Storey Publishing via Net Galley, this book is out this coming March so look out for it and add it to your shelves.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment