Friday, 25 September 2015

Sister, Psychopath by Maggie James

Sister, PsychopathSister, Psychopath by Maggie James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was looking forward to getting to read this book for several reasons.

1. I like the author
2. I have read one of her other books and enjoyed it.
3. She lives near me and its based around places and my hometown which I am familiar with.
4. It has a great blurb which took my attention.


I wasn't wrong on any of these counts.

For you who follow my reviews will know that I do write honest and as tactfully as I can when something just wasn't 'there' just something that was missing for me personally.

The "only" thing was that it was so slow in the beginning.

Once it captured my attention I was a 'green' for 'go' and just stayed with this book last night until I finished it.

Megan and Chloe were half sisters. When they were small Megan adored Chloe however, that changed, that changed drastically as they grew up.
Chloe made some really horrible remarks to Megan which I would have slapped her for. I thought Megan was very calm in some aspects towards her sister.

There is a man involved in this tale. Its a good weave.

James Matthews is a wealthy businessman. Megan and Chloe's mother works for him and has an infatuation for James. Whilst Chloe also is wanted to reel him into her wicked web.........gold digger!

Their Mother has a psychiatric illness which makes her act, shall we say...not sensible at times.

James is married.
James likes Tucker.
Megan is close to Tucker.
Chloe wants James.
Their mother wants James.


There are wicked sociopathic inroads in this story that lead us to how dangerous Chloe is. There are family dysfunctional epics, there are sister rivalry, there are conflicting love interests, there are questionable sexuality issues and acceptance.

But there is Chloe and she is one mad chick, she is one deranged female that has a lot going on.

When you get to about 1/2 way through this story you will not be able to stop thinking about it, you will need to sit with this until you see the conclusion.

Its a superbly well thought out plot that yes, it did start off slow for me, but that was OK in the end because it reached its climax. And the climax was breathtakingly good.


My thanks to the author and the authors publicist for allowing me the honor to read and review this book.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment