Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 18 September 2015

In the Drink by Allyson K. Abbott

In the Drink (Mack's Bar Mystery, #3)In the Drink by Allyson K. Abbott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is the third book in this series [which I didn't realize at the time] but after saying that, I don't think it made a difference, well, not to me, I seemed to be able to pick the story up well. Maybe its one of those 'themed' series which have the same main characters but issue different story plots.

This is what you call a 'cozy mystery' its nothing too deep, bit like Miss Marples, or a 'whodunnit' you watch like a little drama on TV on daytime telly. The ending not being finished and you need to watch the next episode.

However, I read a lot of books and leaving cliff hangers can be awesome if you get the complete series at one purchase, however, realistically it may be a year before you get the next book, by that time, I would have read so many other books I would have forgotten and had to recap.

If you don't read many books, and just pick one up now and again on your bedside table to read lightly before going to bed, then I would say, go for it. By the time you read this then the next book may be released, but for an avid reader like me I was left hanging, and now I shall want to know who it was........until.....another book grabs me and this one will fade into distant memory.


I would gladly read books by this author again and again, but with cliff hangers like this and having to wait ages for the next book, I would have to refresh my memory!

A first class Cozy Mystery.


*Thanks to the author and to Kensington Books for my copy to read and review *





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment