Thursday, 6 August 2015

You're Next by Gregg Hurwitz

You're NextYou're Next by Gregg Hurwitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I have only did a buddy read with my friend Philomena Callan, and that was for a beta read for an author. So wasn't really a buddy read, more like talking together over the book, ideas etc.

This was my first "proper" buddy read

It was nice to be partnered up and choice a book that we both had on our shelves for a while.

I had not read anything at all by this author, so it was lovely for me to be introduced to his way of writing and I have to say, I would definitely read more by him and have some others consequently on my list.

You're Next

I was able to jump right into this book due to the opening chapter when the Father is sat in the car with his child. At a park. The conversation that took place along with the actions of the Father left me wondering what this was all about.

Dropping him off and saying he would be back within a couple of hours I found very strange. So, of course I had to read on.


We see how Mike [the Father] is happily married, with a child. Decent home and seemingly to have no money worries once he hears from the bank. His construction companies job is about to build a "green" housing estate.

But things are not straight forward which brings utter detriment to his family in monetary needs.
I could actually feel him sweating.


We also get to read about the abandonment of Mike by HIS Father which we find has a lot of connotations for his family and his families future.

Things turn ugly.

When you are faced with your family being in danger, what lengths would you go to?

He finds himself in a muddy water of life......
will he be able to climb out and his family survive or WHO WILL BE NEXT


I found this a brilliant read, just when the answer came to how his past came back to mind, it seemed a little bit unbelievable, however, all in all, I enjoyed this read.


Highly recommended if you've not read this yet.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment