Sunday, 30 August 2015

The Word Game by Steena Holmes PRE ORDER NOW

The Word GameThe Word Game by Steena Holmes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I am such a fan of Steena Holmes book when she writes genres such as this. I know she veers to chic lit/romance on occasion but for me, she is at her best and I get to RAVE about it here and on all social networks.

This book is no exception.

What would you do if you suspected that a child was being abused?
What about, if you had been abused as a child and people may think its your paranoia?
Because, sometimes this came over in reading this. Would I have self doubt, could I be seeing signs that really aren't there just because I have past to deal with myself?

Alyson Ward is a mom, shes a good mom, but she is an over protective mom. So allowing her daughter to go for a sleepover is a huge big event. Tricia, her sister is the chaperone, and she breathes and lets go and allows her daughter to have a good time.

Alyson and her daughter Lyla have a good relationship I thought. There are going to be times when there are tiny ruffled feathers, but on the whole, they are close.

When talking about the sleepover Lyla reveals something that just doesn't sit right with Alyson, and there the story ensues so rapidly you need to stay with it.

I read this book in one sitting. My eyes were dropping but I was compelled to stay with it. My eyes were sore, but I made myself a cup of tea, walked around with my Kindle and then felt refreshed to read more and finish this book.

At the end, I am saying 'this is the best book this author has written'

I say that to all her books I have thoroughly enjoyed and no doubt, I will saying this again and again and again

Steena Holmes is dealing with a delicate subject matter here and its so sensitively written. From each sisters viewpoint to right down to their moms.

Each character in this book became so real to me I could have reached out to hug them for their pain, laugh with them through the fun times and shared a cup of tea and biscuits around the kitchen table.

I would recommend this read to all my friends who love books like myself or trust my tastes.


Thank you Steena Holmes for another GREAT book and to Lake Union Publishing for my copy via Net Galley

I received this as an advanced copy

View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment