Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 5 August 2015

The New Neighbor: A Novel by Leah Stewart

The New Neighbor: A NovelThe New Neighbor: A Novel by Leah Stewart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Tennessee mountaintop.

This is the base of the story where Jennifer Young and her young son Milo go to live, running away from a past that you don't get to know about anytime soon. Its kept quite quiet like a ticking bomb behind the scenes of this story.

Then there is this little old lady who has lived on the moutaintop alone, and never venture far, reclusive. She is used to looking across the way and seeing the other place empty. So now she is intrigued, but also quietly annoyed.

She loves her alone time, she likes her solitude. She treasures her peace and quiet without any interference.

Doesn't stop her from being curious though.

Each one had built a wall around them which was hard to penetrate.


I'm just not sure about this story. In all, it was good but didn't keep me reading and flicking pages. I was happy to get up and put the kettle on.

I love Leah Stewart's book, just this one was a little slow for me and at times felt just a little unreal.

All in all, I would say it was an OK read.


**My thanks go to Touchstone via Net Galley for my individual copy to read and review **



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment