Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 6 August 2015

The Caregiving Trap: Solutions for Life's Unexpected Changes by Pamela D. Wilson

The Caregiving Trap: Solutions for Life's Unexpected Changes by Pamela D. Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



As a caregiver myself, I could relate to so much in this most informative book.

The title is apt

The caregiving Trap


Of course, you love the person you are caring for. You want what's best for them, but sometimes it is a trap
For many of us caregivers, we didn't choose to become caregivers, it just "came" upon us. And many of us do not have a choice.

We loose our independence, we loose our self worth, we loose the original relationship we had with the caree because we become known as the Caree and the Caregiver.

Self of identity is sometimes lost.

YES its a rewarding job, but its also an exhausting job, not just physically but mentally too.

Stress heaps up on us and we have hardly any free time to call our own.

This book points out how to respect YOU and take time for YOURSELF and this is not a selfish act, its a vital point to survival and the caregivers HEALTH.

The need to encase yourself with some aides to caring is vital.

I had been caring for over 20 years ALONE until the last 6 years when I had to appeal against something medical and they looked at ME, yes ME, and realized I got no help.

Now I see that along with how this author Pamela Wilson says, we need to make sure we are heard and that we need assistance to get some free time for ourselves.

This is a very informative book that I so wish I had 30 years ago.

Highly recommended to anyone, because anyone could end up caring, it could be for any relative or friend.

Let it be your carers Bible.

** I thank Morgan James Publishing via Net Galley for my copy of reading and reviewing this book **

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment