Monday, 24 August 2015

Secrets of the Lighthouse by Santa Montefiore

Secrets of the LighthouseSecrets of the Lighthouse by Santa Montefiore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I really love this author, and I have read several of her books now. I was sat, ready to devour this one, its over 400 pages long. I thought and imagined there was a lot inside to read about.

I have to say, its an OK read but compared to the others I have read it just didn't seem up to her standard.

Ellen has ran to Ireland to stay with her aunt Peg, Peg is just someone she recently heard of because her Mother had kept secrets from her about her roots to Ireland.
Ellen has ran from her Mother and her fiance.

Her Mother has several secrets, but I just wished they weren't revealed too early on in the story as I felt the rest of chapters lost interest for me from then on.

As she gets to know Aunt Peg and the large Irish family, she is in awe of the relaxed happiness she is feeling being with them, her brand new family.

She has time to reflect on her life and what she wants from it.

Her Mother rejected this family years ago. Why?

And does she want a life with her fiance?

She meets a widower, his name is Connor, there is an almost instant attraction.

Ellen has to decide what to do.

And what are the other secrets in her life that are being kept from her?



I did enjoy reading it, but felt I had ploughed through a large book that really could have been condensed and just was enlarge by writing that was not needed to be there.


Of course, these are just my thoughts on this book, read it for yourself and see what you think.








**Thanks to Simon & Schuster & Net Galley for my copy to read and review **

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment