Wednesday, 12 August 2015

My Perfect Imperfections by Jalpa Williby

My Perfect ImperfectionsMy Perfect Imperfections by Jalpa Williby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was way out of the genre on this one, but that is OK because sometimes I like to keep my reading fresh, and this book certainly did that.

Cerebral Palsy. [CP] comes in varying degrees of mobility.


We meet Lily. She is one of the strongest young girls I have known. I thought this author did a fantastic job, because a lot of people with restrictions on their health [mobility etc] have to be strong for all kinds of reasons. I have been around a lot of people with limited health and you know what? They can learn to laugh. Learning to live life to the maximum.


As too with all disabilities this is not what defines a person. Its a person with limitations. And that was what Lily had, but she took her life to the fullest she could.


The love interest for Lily was greatly written, she is a young woman in love, which comes with all the hearts desires, wants, needs, and heartbreak that we all face.

Lily could be you or I.

This book keeps life into perspective. We moan, we groan, but as the saying goes, there is always someone worse off than you.

Will you enjoy this book?
I challenge you not to.

Will you cry?
I expect so.

Will you smile.
Oh yes.

Will you think of this book many weeks/months from now?
Definitely.


I LOVED this book



View all my reviews

1 comment: