Monday, 24 August 2015

London From My Windows by Mary Carter

London From My WindowsLondon From My Windows by Mary Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I have never wondered what it would be like to never go out. To not socialize with others, shop, walk to the car, catch a bus.

Ava has an illness. It disables her in life. She has a crippling anxiety disorder that no one can see. Inside is a woman who is sensitive, emotional, reasons and has a good sense of well being, balance and quirkiness. All but for her disabling phobia.

She lives in Iowa, but her aunt has just died and has left her the house in London. She has several tasks and things to follow that her aunt has left her to do. She actually won't own the property until the tasks are completed.

We have an insight to how strong this women really is, we also see how emotional strength can come to the fore when needed. We experience the inside fight Ava has with herself. Its not easy, none of these tasks are easy for her.

The best part is when Ava becomes friends with drag queens! This really has a good side to this story too, and I laughed out loud [in a good way] on some of these quirks and what Ava finds herself getting into and who she thinks she is in love with.

Its a 'gotta read' as its much more than meets the eye.

**Thank you to Kensington Books via Net Galley for my copy to enjoy and review **





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment