Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 25 July 2015

The Perils of a Pastor's Wife by Nan Jones

The Perils of a Pastor's WifeThe Perils of a Pastor's Wife by Nan Jones
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is a well written book for those that like Christian reading.
I do like to read Amish or Christian based stories, however, not too over powering.

I like Annie Oakley and Karen Kingsbury type reads, which of course have a Christian based theme due to the genre.


This one was more 'preachy' where I am concerned, however, this MY opinion. But for others, this could be right up your street.


Nan Jones has written a very well laid out book based around being a Pastor's wife.

The 'job' of being an Elder or Pastor or such in any religion takes up time looking and caring for their 'sheep' [congregation] and needs.

This may lead the wife feeling at first that he is doing a good job, she is proud of him, however, it can become a lonely job, also, it affects how others in the congregation would treat you.

There is a kind of spiritual war going on within her.

Good deeds vs bad
Good thoughts vs bad
Devil's thoughts.


For a reader who loves hymns, scriptures quoted relating to different thoughts, events, circumstances [a bit like Dot from Eastenders] then I would say that you would be comfortable with this. I wasn't so much as I found it more unsettling as it was more 'preachy' to me than a story.

Well written though, but a good Christian read for its genre



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment