Friday, 17 July 2015

Ruthless by John Rector

RuthlessRuthless by John Rector
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I have read one other book by this author which I loved.

I had high hopes for this one but for me it was more of a cat and mouse type read.

Its not a straight forward 'hit man' book, it has much more depth to it, however, it didn't keep me focused like I wish it would have.

I actually found myself drifting sometimes and having to shake myself back into focusing on the pages.

As any of this authors books are, they are said to be great, and I can honestly say that the one other book I read was, but this one was not 'doing it' for me.


It reminds me of Colombo or that sort of TV programme, The Avengers, way back in the 60's 70's style of writing which is not altogether bad, but just a tiny bit predictable.


I would like to thank Thomas & Mercer via Net Galley for my copy and a chance to read it.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment