Friday, 17 July 2015

Minutes to Kill by Melinda Leigh

Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls)Minutes to Kill by Melinda Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story started off with a huge bang.

We have a young girl who is escaping through a bathroom window to avoid being used for human trafficking.

So being that it started out good, got my interest, I settled down for a good read. And it was......
but there were times in the middle it lagged. I wanted it to heat up, that didn't happen again until halfway through.

When it picks up again, its really a much faster pace which does regain your attention, so its well worth sticking with.

I personally felt like I was on a roller coaster of a dip in the middle and thrown HIGH up in the sky towards the middle, suspended for ages and ages before coming down with a bump. That's a good thing.


I will say its worth sticking with as its a good paced read. Not a fast paced read mind you, it is in the beginning then sort of widens out...........then it starts for more impact.

We have human trafficking, drugs, and we have 'time running out' MINUTES TO KILL.


This writer has a good way with words, steady writing and I can see only improvement along the way so I would definitely read more of her books.





.


I need to say, I didn't read book 1 in this series. But I didn't feel that mattered.


* Thank you to Amazon Publishing via Net galley for my advanced copy*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment