Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Baby Please Don't Go by Frank Freudberg

Baby Please Don't GoBaby Please Don't Go by Frank Freudberg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have had this one waiting to be read on my TBR list 'direct' from author.

I am so glad that I agreed to read it because it was so worth my while. You never know when you read a book from an unknown author quite what you are letting yourself in for, I say this because, as an Independent reviewer I do not like to give low stars so think long and hard before accepting a book to read and review.

This one didn't disappoint me, it had:

1: One of the subject matters that although is not nice to read about, its a fact and things happen.

2: A character that keeps you on your toes

3: GREAT story telling techniques that keep you from putting the book down bored.

4: Keeping me guessing and then seconding guessing.


Locke was seeming to me to be a strong character at first, but the more you get to know him, you see his chinks in his armor that meeting Natalie certainly made her sneaky beguiling way into.

Locke is an investigator at Child Protective Services, and that is how he comes upon the family and Natalie.

There is this 'pull' towards each other. There is no mistaking the sizzle.

But do not get me wrong, this is just a section of the book, its not all romance, definitely not.

Locke is first and foremost a dedicated Child Protection Officer. Children come first.


There is a past to Locke, he knows about drugs, he knows about over indulgence in alcohol, he's been there and has that particular T Shirt. He's worn it out.

He also has a past.

Locke would like nothing else but a loving family, kids of his own. Will he ever get that?

Let me quote:

ALL LOCK GILKENNEY WANTS IS A FAMILY.

BUT HE’LL HAVE TO CROSS THE LINE TO GET ONE.


This is a particularly enthralling story. How fine lines are crossed. How you can find yourself knee deep in something that goes against everything you stand for.

The twist within these pages were outstanding.

I've not read this authors other books, this is the first one I have read by him.

Frank Freudberg is a crafter of words. You can use words that make you stop and stand to attention. Many times this happened in this book. I loved it.

I have to thank the author for my copy and I need to say, just because my copy was given to me by the author never promises a high scoring review, I am honest in my feelings of how a book makes me 'feel' and this book made me want more of the same from this wonderful author.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment