Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 28 June 2015

Taunting the Dead by Mel Sherratt

Taunting the Dead (DS Allie Shenton, #1)Taunting the Dead by Mel Sherratt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I love Mel Sherratt's style of writing. Plus she is a Brit like me!

We meet Steph, she is married to a gangster. He is good looking, and he knows it. They have a 17 year old daughter who seems grown up before her time. Brash and uncouth to boot.

Steph is murdered, but who done it?

We see many things unfolding as Mel Sherratt writes the last movements that Steph undertakes before she is murdered. You think you might suss it, well, I didn't. I thought I had at one stage, but I was wrong.

I remember reading somewhere that the murder victim is usually killed by someone they know. So keeping that in mind I tried to be an Investigator along the way. I don't think I made a good one, because I went off the beaten track.

The author had me screaming in frustration at times, but I just wanted to be right. There are lots in here that have things to hide. It got uncovered though bit by bit.

Thoroughly enjoyable 'whodunnit' mystery with other things thrown in.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment