Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 13 June 2015

Sudden Secrets by C. Lee McKenzie

Sudden SecretsSudden Secrets by C. Lee McKenzie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this from beginning to end and the only reason I read it until the end was because I liked the style of writing, but, I was also waiting for something exciting, spooky, something to jump at me, grab me by the throat and take me back into the story again. It never happened.


Its a very well written book, has absolutely lots going for it.

Cleo's life was torn apart years ago when your sister died. The family moved house to try to come to terms with things and move forward, however, for some this just couldn't happen.

The other thing I was waiting to get to was the creepy house. The house next door to them that they had moved to. There doesn't seem to be anyone living there, but Cleo is convinced that there is.

Cleo is right, she does discover someone living there, but its all not as it seems. Now this is where is captured my attention. I was well into giving it 3 stars, then suddenly, without warning it fired up the heat was on and away it went.

I'm really glad now that I requested this to read from Evernight Teen via Net galley on a read to review basis. Its a YA book at its very very best.



One Secret 

Cleo has struggled to heal after her baby sister's death, but the flashbacks to the accident won't go away. With the move, she vows to keep her tragedy a secret and avoid pitying looks. 

One Mystery 

Something's strange about the abandoned house across the street-flashes of light late at night and small flickers of movement that only someone looking for them would see.

Everyone says the house is deserted, but Cleo is sure it isn't, and she's sure whoever is inside is watching her. 

Another Secret 

In one night, Belleza's life changes forever. So famous, her only choice is to hide her secret from the world so she can silence small town bigotry.

Then Cleo happens.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment