Saturday, 20 June 2015

Painting the Moon by Traci Borum

Painting the Moon (Chilton Crosse, #1)Painting the Moon by Traci Borum
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Sometimes I love to read Women's fiction. I think that is where I would put this genre.

Because this was set in Great Britain it was a treat for me to read as I am of course from Great Britain in the UK. There is always something endearing to me in reading a book with places I know are mentioned that I actually heard of or now about.

This is Nota sizzling hot read with lots of bedroom sex, so if you are looking for that, this isn't it. Ifyou are looking for family life, gentle romance and family drama, then this isfor you.

There is Noelle, Adam, Aunt Joy, and a village with village life in this book.

Noelle is the story, however, we get to hear from Aunt Joy from the diary pages Noelle reads from and it was really a lot of fun reading through this with Noelle and finding out what kind of character Aunt Joy was.

In reading letters from Aunt Joy Noelle reminisces about the life she used to have.

Noelle has inherited her Aunts estate in England, we see what decisions and thought process Noelle had to go through.


My Thoughts

This was brilliantly written and a great sounding book. I did loose my focus sometimes and had to make myself keep going, so for me, personally it got a bit lapse now and again and not exciting enough to "wake me up" and keep reading. I wish it did, but all in all, this doesn't make it a bad read, it just makes it a steady read that you can pick up and put down. Its certainly not 'edge of your seat' material.


I would like to thank Red Adelphi Publishing for allowing me to read and give my honest thoughts.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Thanks for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete