Saturday, 13 June 2015

Only We Know by Karen Perry

Only We KnowOnly We Know by Karen Perry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



PHEW this book took my breath away. At the start it was very easy to get into, read well, flowed well.

Its like watching something on the TV, you just know that something is about to happen, you feel it, you can see it happening.....
then it does. GASP

Well this was what this book was like for me.


Kids+water = Danger We all know this and so does Luke's Mom. But his Dad lets him play there, so why can't he? So off he goes with his two other peers Nick and Katie.

Tragedy.

That's when you start holding your breath because we jump to years later when they are now grown.

The apt title ONLY WE KNOW is something that follows through this book as a theme.

What do they know?

I tell you this, for me it was a read that appealed to me. It intrigued me to see which way the author would go with this. I have to give this my full 5 stars because of how this book brought out so much in me, how it made me feel, how it made me react and if a book can move you like this, there are no other stars but TOP MARKS

May I think not only the author for a superb book but also to Penguin UK - Michael Joseph via Net Galley for my read to review copy



In 1982, an idyllic summer is shattered when three children play a game that ends in tragedy.

Now, thirty years later, Nick, Luke and Katie remain bound together by the truth of what happened that day.

But some secrets won’t stay buried.

And when Luke vanishes and the threatening messages begin, it becomes clear someone else knows the truth – and is intent on justice, no matter what the cost…






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment