Sunday, 28 June 2015

Next of Kin by Sue Welfare

Next of KinNext of Kin by Sue Welfare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I never know what to expect when I read an authors book that I have never come across before, but this book took my attention, not only with the title, the cover but the blurb.

After reading and reviewing for so many years I have learnt a lot and one thing is, I choose to read my books wisely, as wisely as I can so that my reviews are no less that 3 stars, and its not often now that I am wrong, I am pleased to say. I stick to the genre that I like too.

Next of Kin


Here we have an author that has well thought out this story and it never ceases to amaze me where they get their ideas from, truly, remarkable.

We meet Sarah and Ryan, they are brother and sister.

Sarah and Ryan have inherited the home their parents left them, but it comes with a clause, so until that clause is reached they cannot sell the house and half to proceeds. But its not long to wait now.

Sarah is the responsible one, the practical one, she knows bills have to paid, the gas, the electric, food on the table etc and she works hard. Still its a struggle when you have a brother who cannot keep a job, who doesn't pay his way in full. She is always bailing him out and sometimes comes across more like a Mother than a sister. He needs to "man" up.

By "manning" up, he gets himself into all sorts of muddles and in the end, the muddle is not straight forward, this time he gets a kick in and its serious.

Ryan has a friend, he later becomes the lodger, but not all is what it seems.


I am not going to give any spoilers away as its a story that needs to be read by you, yep you, my fellow book friends.

The page turner events that seem to develop on each page is brilliant.

I can see why things can go along the way you don't want them to, but you must because you have to, because you have other way out.

I see why you need to push others aside for their safety or because of their involvement or reactions that can end up going badly wrong.

Sarah was a good person. Sarah wanted what was right for her brother, she wanted to see him 'do the right things' but he always got it wrong.

Brilliantly crafted piece of work.

I do hope this author Sue Welfare writes more books like this, I'd be first in line to read them.



NEXT OF KIN 
THE NEW EDGE-OF-YOUR-SEAT THRILLER 
FROM SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER, SUE WELFARE 
He seemed like the perfect tenant . . . 

Home should be where the heart is, but for Sarah, it becomes a place of fear, menace and terrifying choices. 
Her new lodger seems like the dream tenant for the rambling Cambridge town house that Sarah shares with her brother, Ryan. 
But before long it’s clear that their guest has his own chilling plans for all of them. 

When Ryan finds himself in deep water, Sarah faces losing all her hopes, dreams and any chance of a happy ever after. 

Just how far will she go to protect the people she loves? And will even the ultimate sacrifice be enough to save them… 

Dark, gripping and utterly compelling, Next of Kin is guaranteed to thrill fans of The Girl on the Train, Gone Girl or Before I go to Sleep.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment