Thursday, 18 June 2015

Making Ends Meet by Anna Clifton

Making Ends MeetMaking Ends Meet by Anna Clifton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars




This book didn't take me long to read. I read this last night. Its cram packed with goodness.

Anna Clifton made an impression on me when I read and reviewed one of her books from Net Galley Titled Adams Boys.

Later the author approached me with another book she thought I would like, I agreed to read it. It was named Falling for the Lawyer.

As most of you know by what I read, I am not much into the sexually explicit scenes that are so modern today, not because I am a prude, they just get boring when its constant in every book, I think, just how many times can you write the sex scene for gods sake [that is just my opinion and I know its not shared by others.]

I am not into mushy reads either, but I do like a goodromance with a story. A deep meaningful story that is outsidethe bedroom more than in it.


I think Anna Clifton has a brilliant balance between the two.

I just love her work and I am happy to read/review/purchase her books at any time.


This story starts with Somer. She is twenty three and she needs to get herself a job, but she wasn't expecting to go for an interview as a Nanny. She even dresses up for the part.

On her way there are two children in a park, all alone, one of the neighbors is concerned because they have been there for quite a while, so Somer approaches them to see if they need help or lost their way or something.


I loved how this author portrayed the little children, really typical realistic reactions from kids that age.

By the way that Somer handled the situation I already knew she would get the job she was going for, she had a real talent relating to kids. However, would she ever get the job, she was late.


The person she was going to be interviewed by whose children she would be looking after for a month she didn't know much about him. But we as readers we get to know what happened before her and how he is left struggling with 2 children and his physical health.


You kinda know which way the story is going to go but what you don't know is what happens in between, what leads up to it and if all goes well without hiccups.

I read this within three hours on my Kindle and enjoyed and devoured every word.

Brilliantly written, easy to follow and a fantastic book to snuggle up with or sit outside in the sunshine.



My thanks to Anna Clifton for my copy.



From Anna Clifton comes a sweet, emotional, beautiful romance about a man whose life has been derailed and the unexpected woman who can help him get it back on track.

‘It’s for other reasons that I won’t need a nanny beyond a month.’

Twenty-three year old nanny Somer Sullivan has never had a job quite like this one: fix the messed-up, out-of-control life of high-profile artist and thirty-something dad Harry Halligan. But Somer is organised, efficient and not afraid of a challenge. She will do everything Harry needs her to do, including bringing his ex-wife home for good.

‘One month, Harry, and I’ll be out of here.’

Harry Halligan doesn’t want a nanny, but he needs one—he needs Somer. She’s the only one who can reach his troubled daughter, who can bring some measure of peace to his home. But as Somer advances her mission to fix his life, a few things become clear: his ex-wife might not be the answer, and Somer just might be. But Somer is running like hell from something in her own life and hiding in his.

Only one thing is for sure. Harry now has less than a month to make the hardest decision he’ll ever have to make—a decision that will change all of their lives forever.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment