Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Container Theme Gardens: 42 Combinations, Each Using 5 Perfectly Matched Plants by Nancy J. Ondra

Container Theme Gardens: 42 Combinations, Each Using 5 Perfectly Matched PlantsContainer Theme Gardens: 42 Combinations, Each Using 5 Perfectly Matched Plants by Nancy J. Ondra
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was just what I needed.

When we moved into this house 6 years ago it was a blank canvas more or less because of it being a new build home.
Grass, patio [which we later extended] and some bushes and that was about it.....our garden!

We have build on it over the years added structures etc but I always wanted to find something different to do and I found this in this book!

A pond in a pot yep, you read that right. I had never heard of anything like it, but its going to work, I am going to do this. This is just ONE idea from this book, there are so many others. I think this would work whether your garden was small, big or even a yard. Lots of compact things in here that you could try out and experiment with.

Even how to plant salad, have your very own "food patch" absolutely brilliant. It has full pictures so that you can see full grown plants. I really loved looking at the photos.

What I especially loved was the bit of what to plant that attracts different species into your garden.

Also a nice shopping list that you can see exactly what you need to buy to start and complete your task.


Lovely layout.

I would like to thank Storey Publishing via Net Galley for my copy





Simple and foolproof! Enjoy beautiful container plantings with no stress or fuss. Container Theme Gardens offers 42 plans for container arrangements, each using just five specific plants that you can find at your local garden center. There's something here for every setting and every style, including a meadow in a box, a pond in a pot, a simple salad garden, and a combination that will attract hummingbirds. Each plan includes photographs of what the full planting will look like, as well as a handy shopping list so you know exactly what you need. 





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment