Sunday, 3 May 2015

The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow

The Forgotten SeamstressThe Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow




I'd forgotten I had this one, so bumped it to the top of my list.


This is a very compelling read where we find and meet Caroline, she has found a quilt belonging to her mother. She tries to find out who made this.

We go back in time from then on.

Its a fascinating read.

Maria is talented in her sewing craft and is taken on by the Royal Family, she also pretty, this leads to some complications with the Prince of Wales.

We later get to see why the author chose this title.


I enjoyed this read a lot, took me back in time with the kind of books I used to select, they will never go out of date.


My thanks to HarperCollins UK, Avon for my copy


It is 1910 and Maria, a talented young girl from the East end of London, is employed to work as a seamstress for the royal family. As an attractive girl, she soon catches the eye of the Prince of Wales and she in turn is captivated by his glamour and intensity.

But careless talk causes trouble and soon Maria’s life takes a far darker turn. Disbelieved and dismissed she is thrown into a mental asylum, shut away from the real world with only her needlework for company.

Can a beautiful quilt, discovered many years later, reveal the truth behind what happened to Maria?





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment