Sunday, 24 May 2015

Snared by Ed James

SnaredSnared by Ed James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I haven't heard of this author before, so I threw myself into this one, I love dogs.

I love Scotland, used to go there for holidays when young with my family.

The two combined should make for a good read, that and some investigation, drama and intrigue.

What I lived were the short chapters which made is seem that I was reading faster, I know that sounds odd, but you try it.

A dog breeder has vanished under very mysterious circumstances and that is where Vicki Dodds a single Mother Detective Sergeant, very committed to her job, comes into play.

Her child doesn't get lost among her job, she has a vast network to keep her child amused and when she is with her, they have a great relationship.

Vicki is on the team who has been appointed to look into this vanishing of this dog breeder, as more comes to light, there are other things that are tying in and all is not looking good.

Two 'prisoners' who were kidnapped return to tell a tale. It seems that there are some not happy with the breeding. Its not just dogs though, a bird handler is brutalized, it now seems its not just some sort of 'dog animal rights' thing, its more about ANIMALS in general and someone has taken offense to anything to do with animals being [or seemingly being] miss treated.


Its a hot book of debate this one, I think it would make a good reading group/discussion book as sometimes you tend to be leaning towards the 'baddies' in this book, and realize that the 'baddies' may not be the ones attacking the humans.

Loved it.


Thank you to this author Ed James for a fantastic thoughtful read and to Thomas & Mercer for my copy

View all my reviews



Vicky Dodds—single mother, commitment-phobe, Detective Sergeant—is adding Dundee, Scotland to the Tartan Noir map.
When a dog breeder in and around Dundee disappears, DS Dodds and her team are tasked with finding out who is behind the attacks.
But as the crimes escalate, and the attacker’s message becomes clearer, Vicky begins to question where her own sympathies lie.
From the acclaimed author of the Scott Cullen series, Snared is an unyielding police procedural that fearlessly examines the uncomfortable grey areas between right and wrong, and between “us” and “them.”




No comments:

Post a Comment