Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 21 May 2015

Rock You by Candy J. Starr

Rock You (Fallen Star, #1)Rock You by Candy J. Starr
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I have read a few rock star type reads and found them gritty, well developed and a nice break from my usual heavy reads.

This book is different. But its a GOOD different.

Its the first book is a new series for Candy J Star. I have never had the chance to read one of her books before and I have thoroughly enjoyed it today.

Ruby becomes a housekeeper.....for.....Tex, the ex-rock star.

He is different from every other rock star I have met in these type of books as he is quiet, reserved and likes his own space.

Of course, we know what is going to happen, we know they are eventually going to 'get it on' but as they say, the fun is in the chase....and what a chase!

Its a 3 and 1/2 from me because although I loved it, its predictable. I know that is inevitable with most romances. This is very well written and free flowing.


Working for a cranky, old hermit in an isolated house sounds like Ruby’s idea of heaven but her boss isn't quite what she expects.

Tex is a fugitive from the rock and roll world – a tragedy abruptly halted his career. No one knows why, no one knows where he is.

The two of them try to live in the same house without ever seeing each other until Tex screws up, endangering their lives and forcing them to live in close quarters. 

Suddenly, the idea of human contact seems more appealing, if only with each other. 

The sanctuary they have built is enough for Ruby but the outside world encroaches. The man she's grown to love is Tex the hermit, not Tex the rock star.

Their fledgling love can’t shine brighter than the rock dream but can Ruby bear to let him go?




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment