Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Mollify by Xavier Neal

Mollify (Senses, #9)Mollify by Xavier Neal
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

** May contain a few things you may not want to read incase of spoilers**

Where on earth do I begin with this book!

I was hosting for the tour for this book Mollify and it grabbed my attention. I usually help out in tours but not always read the books, but something grabbed my eye, even though this is a book in a series of books and I had not read the ones before this, I carried on and offered to read and review it. I am happy my gut feelings were right.

I have never read a book by this author before Xavier Neal although I have seen many of their books and even marked some to read.

I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT!
The thing is, if I am honest, I don't always read these hot hot HOTTIE alpha males and some stories can run into another, but this is the second 'romance' I have read this week. THIS one really stood out to me as its written in such a way that you can't help but love.

Its difficult to explain, but I will try my best...we have the books pages as normally laid out, but then we get deeper bold print that sort of gets inside each persons head who is speaking, its quite fascinatingly done, very clever. And in some ways, some things made me chuckle.


The start of the book is not a chuckling matter though!

Marcus thinks he can have anything, he can own anything with money, including his girlfriend. He is abusive, he hits her, he abuses her. She wants out, she tried to leave before, but look what happened.

Marcus is the son of a Family empire worth multi millions. He is being groomed to take this business over.

Meanwhile, his girlfriend is determined to work on leaving him with the help of her friend.

Where she works, one day a past love she has never forgotten comes into the shop to collect something and with him is a little girl. A sweet little girl. As she raises her head to serve them she is astounded to connect eyes with her past love. She had loved him since the age of ten.

Is this his little girl?



My thoughts.

This is a lovely story and I enjoyed it immensely. For my part, I would have liked to have seen her boyfriend Marcus have more input at the beginning, but, I over looked this as it may well have been in previous books, so, I will have to go backwards with this series LOL

Her past love is AMAZING, I wouldn't mind a bit of him even at my age!! He was so protective, loving, encouraging, thoughtful, everything you need in a man and oh.......SEXY! and on top of all this, a FAMILY man.

A very well engrossing read and a full 4 stars.



Dean "Mr. O" Kellar has been following closely in the footsteps of his famous adopted father for years, but when Megan Davis pops back into his life suddenly he starts following him in a new light. She was the girl who saved Dean when they were children and the girl he needs to save now. Will the two of them be torn apart once more or will their hearts be allowed a chance to finally mollify? 

A Senses Series Novel







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment