Monday, 4 May 2015

Hell to Pay by Jenny Thomson

Hell to Pay (Crime Files Book 1)Hell to Pay by Jenny Thomson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What a fantastic opening to a series!!!!

I told the author I was off to bed to start this book last night, what I didn't bank on was staying up to read it from cover to cover. I really enjoyed it.


Its brilliant as its the start to the series. It opens up with Nancy going to her parents home to visit, as she goes in, the usual sounds of her parents activity is not heard. Only upstairs movements, until......

OMG, just imagine the scene of your parents brutally murdered in their own home.

The criminals were still in the house!! I was on the edge of my seat there in bed in the dark reading this.....made it worse I reckon!!! I could hear them coming down the stairs and ...........
BANG!

She couldn't escape, they had her as a hostage.....

What happened to her left her in a psychiatric hospital some fourteen months later.

I don't think I'll say much more than....

She's out for REVENGE...

The ending of this book will lead you into book 2, which I am anxiously waiting for and the author said she would contact me, I just CANNOT WAIT....

I saw a reviewer say that they didn't think much of this story, however.....this is the prequel to the series, its short, to the point and leaves you gasping and hanging on a limb......
For me, the author has whet my apatite for more, and like I say, I cannot wait.


My thanks go to the author Jenny Thomson for allowing me to read and review this book honestly, authors never know if someone will enjoy the book they read or not, and neither does the reader, but this reading *smiles* is enormously happy

I want book 2!!!!!



Nancy Kerr refuses to be a victim - even when she walks in on her parents killers and is raped and left for dead. Fourteen months later, she wakes up in a psychiatric hospital with no knowledge of how she got there. Slowly her memory starts to return. Released from the institution, she has just one thing on her mind two men brought hell to her family home. Now they re in for some hell of their own.

This is the 1st book in the Crime Files series. Books 2 and 3 will be published May 12th and May 26th, 2015.


 photo 11188421_371881906349969_6251726073459767669_n.jpg






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment