Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 10 May 2015

Damaged by Avelyn Paige

DamagedDamaged by Avelyn Paige
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Evie has been battling cancer from a very young age.
We meet up with her in the hospital for news of her current treatment along with her parents.

Its a gasping situation when you are told "there is nothing else we can do for you, the treatment isn't working"
I can't imagine how that must feel to the person who is sat the other side of that desk listening to those fatal word.

Evie is silent.
Her Mother is gasping for air.
Her Father doesn't believe it.

"Surely there is something you can do?"

There lies the pivot of this story.

Something is offered. But not all turns out fine.

Her parents and brother end up saying 'goodbye' to her. She doesn't make it.....

Or does she?

The experimental drug leads her to another dimension of her life that her family aren't on the journey to, its unknown.

I was texting my book friend Philomena when I got to that bit, I was wondering if this is sci fi.

I've not updated her, as she needs to read this for herself and SOON"!

This is not a straight forward story. I was in awe the way this story line lead me to. Its not something I have had the pleasure of reading before.

If this is Avelyn Paige first novel then we are in for some future treats :)

I would like to thank the book tour host for supplying me with my copy.



Evie Carter has faced trials and tribulations her entire life. Her teenage years have been ripped away from her as she battles cancer. Just when things can’t get any worse, her doctor delivers the news that it’s finally time to make a life or death decision. Her options are limited and come with deadly consequences. The miracle drug that is meant to save her life changes her on a cellular level. She might not be damaged anymore, but she might just be damned in her new life








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment