Friday, 24 April 2015

The memory book by Rowan Coleman

I forgot I had this on my Kindle so I read it as fast as I could.

I have to say, this book is very sad, very emotional and very tearful. It also holds hope.

Claire, who has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease, and we get to meet her entire family and how they interact with each other. 

What a truly inspirational woman Claire was, she was a fighter she refused to lay down and just accept what fate had dealt her.

The relationship between her youngest was especially touching at times.

I have to say, its not all doom and gloom and has some positive things in here as well as some fun moments.


This book really makes you THINK and take stock of life. 

No one knows how long we have.


Brilliant read.

My thanks goes to Random House UK, Ebury Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book



When time is running out, every moment is precious…
When Claire starts to write her Memory Book, she already knows that this scrapbook of mementoes will soon be all her daughters and husband have of her. But how can she hold onto the past when her future is slipping through her fingers...?
Sunday Times bestseller and Richard & Judy Autumn Book Club pick, The Memory Book is a critically acclaimed, beautiful novel of mothers and daughters, and what we will do for love.
'wonderful…a beautiful book, very moving' Marian Keyes





No comments:

Post a Comment