Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 12 April 2015

The dangerous game by Mari Jungstedt

Den farliga leken (Anders Knutas, #8)The dangerous game by Mari Jungstedt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars










I was pleased that Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via Net Galley had auto approved me as they get some really good books, and I am happy to read and review them.


Jenny is a girl, pretty girl, who was discovered by a modelling agency. She was thrown into a lifestyle, a world where there are parties and high life all around her, except, she is now right in the middle of it all.

Its a lot for a young girl, and we can see how Jenny's head could be turned.

We also have Agnes, she used to be a model, but her eating disorder got the better of her and she now needs help. We see how this eating disorder really affects Agnes life. She has a regime to follow when it comes to her eating her meals at the center, however, behind closed doors she finds a way or exercising the calories back off.

Agnes gets very very ill.

Jenny is having a 'secret' love affair with the high profiled photographer. Things come to a head when he is found in a cabin, we don't know if he is going to live....or die.

Detective Anders Knutas has to find out who he/she/they are that are "watching" them.



My thoughts:

I loved the concept of this detective story. It was well thought out and developed, but for me, it wasn't a 'sit on the edge of your seat, nail biting' kind of read.

Its a pleasant read as it reads more like an "whodunnit".


The SURPRISE at the end when we learn the answers was well thought out, I did guess though and I think you will too. However, I don't think this distracted me from the story, more the long drawn out DI procedure which I got a bit....yawny....with. Its just like watching one of those TV detective dramas where you see them unraveling the clues.


I personally would reflect my thoughts as 3.07 as its definitely and OK book I would recommend to friends who like 'whodunnits'.



The price of fame . . . is DEATH

When Jenny is spotted by a high-profile modelling agency, she goes from ordinary schoolgirl to celebrity overnight. Suddenly her life is a whirlwind of parties and glamour. 

Agnes used to be a model too – but now she lies in a hospital bed, slowly being destroyed by an eating disorder. Her father sits by her day after day, praying that his only remaining daughter survives.

An attempted murder during a lavish photoshoot means that Jenny’s and Agnes’s lives will soon intersect in the most terrifying of ways . . . Because someone is watching them. Someone with a plan. 

Can Detective Anders Knutas figure out who it is in time to stop a terrible justice being served?









View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment