Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Taking the Fall: Vol 1 by Alexa Riley

Taking the Fall: Vol 1Taking the Fall: Vol 1 by Alexa Riley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



When I offered to review this for a book tour from FlirtySubsPR I veered away from my usual reads lately and returned to some hot spicy romance.

I left some romance alone for several months due to the fact there were a lot of 'sameness' out there in the Indie world that was taking topics by storm. I got a little bored.

The cover grabbed me, then the blurb. I didn't realize it was a short read. Short BUT intense.

Its very sexy [cor!] and very hot HOT [ouch!] will have you panting for air!!! but expertly written. Some sexy scenes are so dullishly done at times, but this author has it in the bag [so to speak] and takes you right there. [umm I don't mean that in a 3 in a bed kind of way!] but truly there in the arms of Carter where you want to knock Layla out the way, but that would me spiteful, because Layla is an OK kinda girl.


Carter loves Layla to bits and back again, he wants to take care of the past that hurt her.
He is an attractive alpha male who attracts other women like bees around a honey pot, except, he only has eyes [and needs!] for Layla and remains true to her.

He finds out something that changes him, and when he was hiding his tears, I was so inspired that this tough guy, this HE MAN has a soft spot.

Its a short read
Its an intense read
Its a powerful read.

For me, I give it 4 stars
Which for my markings is a GOOD READ and yes, buy it, because its better than the 'average' modern romances out there.

BE AWARE it is erotic, but tastefully done. And whose not for a bit of slap and tickle now and again "wink"


Layla O’Leary has had enough. For years she has been haunted by the night she can’t remember. When she learns the only man she's ever loved has betrayed her, she escapes and crafts a new identity. She's finally free...

Carter has waited eight years to claim his woman. Locking him up only fueled his obsession. The day he gets out he's coming for her. Taking the Fall was just the start. Now he'll stop at nothing to possess what's his.

Warning: this book contains a hero who grunts and growls his way through life, a heroine nicknamed Cherry looking to lose it, and instalove so fast and hard your panties might disintegrate. Note: not responsible for exploding panties.

Taking the Fall is a four part story. A new part will come out every two weeks. Please note the endings are NOT relationship cliffhangers. Layla is Carter's.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment