Sunday, 5 April 2015

Luca by Gina Whitney

LucaLuca by Gina Whitney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

SOON TO BE RELEASED

Hm well, I am going to be careful what I say in this review as many haven't read it yet. So I don't want to give too much away.

There has been a fleet of Mental Health characters in books lately I see, which I support 100% when they are reflected correctly. Its great to have any Mental Health Issue out there in the open as its an illness like anything else, same as physically, but unable to be understood by many or people in fear of it.

We have Lucas [as he is known] a good looking young lad but with a lot of demons and "issues" one of them being Pyromania which is setting fire to something which is a release of tension or arousal. Nearly always to do harm and totally out of control of that person suffering from it.

Allison too has her "crazy" as she refers to it. We see and learn how this craziness affects her and her social surroundings, her relationship with her parents and with others.


They are both in a Center which, I would like to suggest its like a rehabilitation place where Doctors, Nurses and professionals in their field are to help them overcome their problems and learn to be reintroduced to the outside world again.

This is where they meet and end up discovering each other.

My Thoughts:

At the start of this story I was wondering what to make of this. I am not a prude and like to think I am worldly wise at this grand age :) but I did find the language in this book sometimes needless. I have give this 4 stars despite my taste of the 'common' needless F words in this book, it seemed not one page was without it! Does a good story have to be told in this way to attract today's younger readers?

APART from that, I did enjoy the journey these two took me on.



I see this is book 1 in this series and hopefully the next book will be out soon.

My Reasons for 3 stars:

Because I am an avid reader and review a lot of books, this didn't stand out from other books I have read similar to others, so it was an OK read. I did LIKE this book A LOT and I personally feel that Gina Whitney has great talent and can carry on bettering herself which each book she produces. I just hope she writes for herself and not the masses.


Thank you for allowing me to read and review this honestly which I always endeavor to do with no intent to be hurtful or harmful.








“Anger is like a thorn in the heart...the roar of my courage and the cold sweat of my fear.” ~Luca

Pyromania is an impulse control disorder [1] in which individuals repeatedly fail to resist impulses to deliberately start fires, [1] in order to relieve tension or for instant gratification.

Damon Luca, or Luca as they called him. I thought of him more as Damien, the fucking devil within these walls that now is my life. Dark, broody, and deadly to any woman. Mind-blowing, soul-shaking, raw sex appeal. He was a tall statured boy with broad shoulders and a pair of green eyes that set my soul on fire. His inky black hair framed his hard, chiseled features. He had the type of body that had no business being on a seventeen-year-old. I knew that once he fully developed, he'd be nothing short of drop-dead gorgeous. As I said...deadly on the eyes...and dangerous for your heart.

My name is Allison. I met Luca through an unfortunate event when we were younger. I’m now twenty-four, and this is my story. My fucked up life. It's not a pretty one. Then again, the most interesting ones aren't...are they? This isn't your usual love story. Anything but. There are no blue skies, rainbows, or unicorns. Only him...my own personal arsonist. He had the ability to set my panties on fire, leave my body smoldering, and turn my heart into burning embers. He scared the hell out of me, made me feel. He opened my eyes to the world of twisted love. But love no less. This scary, beautiful man stole my heart from a young, tender age and refused to give it back. Here’s our story…

This story is deep, dark, and deals with real scars and growth because of them.


BUY LINKS


AmazonUS http://amzn.to/1GDoSDt
AmazonUK http://ow.ly/3xHFTC
AmazonCA http://ow.ly/3xHFTA
Goggle Play: http://bit.ly/1FfAtEx









View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment