Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Evelyn by Tracie Podger

EvelynEvelyn by Tracie Podger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



When I was approached by the author a couple of months ago, to see if this book interested me enough to read and review it, I was honored to read it. [When an author reaches out to me, I feel quite chuffed at the fact they trust my thoughts honestly]


The book

Evelyn was a 16 year old girl, she's not that naive though, she is surrounded by Mafia, the secret world of the Mafia.

Rocco is the guy we meet in the story, he flees from Italy, [he has his reasons]....
and comes to live in America where he is sent to live with Evelyn's family for protection.


Rocco and Evelyn are attracted to each other instantly.

DANGER!

They have to hide their love, keeping it a secret.

As we all know, secrets add to EXCITEMENT, and I fully understand when she tells her father of they're love why the book ended the way it did.

MY THOUGHTS

PERSONALLY...thanks to the author for an ending DIFFERENT from the HAPPY EVER AFTER.

Don't judge me, but......
LIFE doesn't always turn out the way you want it, its sods law and sometimes things go wrong and there is NO HAPPY ENDING....

Whether this author will bring out a book 2, who knows, but for me, I was verging on 3 stars all the way through this book, [which meant is was an OK read, well written and I liked it :)]
I tuned it up to 4 stars because of the ending!


LET ME CORRECT THAT! THERE ARE OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES so not sure if it ends happy in the final stages :)



THANK YOU Tracie Podger for writing an unexpected ending. Not following the 'happy ever after' it 'all works out in the end' the 'roses around the door' syndrome.
Call me what you like LOL BUT its realistic, and although books I read are FICTION they need to be realistic to be believed AND this author rocked it for me!


Thank you Tracie Podger for approaching me, I could have easily missed out on a romance that was GOOD, because lately I've tended to avoid [what I call] "soppy" romances. That's not a 'down' on soppy romances, its just that most of them have bloody happy endings! LOL

Yeah!!! for tears at the end!!!



Evelyn was sixteen years old when she fell in love. She fell in love with a murderer. 

Rocco has been sent from Italy to live with the Morietti family in Washington, DC, for his safety, for his protection. He hadn’t banked on meeting the beautiful, but young, Evelyn, the daughter of the man who has given him refuge. He hadn’t banked on falling in love. 

How hard is it to love the daughter of the man who holds your fate in his hands? And once you fall, how hard is it to keep your love a secret? Which is the greater threat to them both, to keep their secret, or to admit and fight for each other? 

Evelyn and Rocco are forced to accept a life of secret meetings, lies, love and loss. Few relationships can survive it, and not every romance has a happy ending. But if there is a chance....... is it not worth a try? 

This is the story of young love, of dreams and hopes for a future not possible. This is the story of Evelyn. 


Contemporary romance for readers over the age 18. Although part of the 5* Fallen Angel Series, this novella can be read as a standalone. 







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment