Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 11 April 2015

Coming Home by Annabel Kantaria

Coming HomeComing Home by Annabel Kantaria
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have marked this as a tearjerker and an "unputdownable" read.

Evie has to return to her home in the UK from Dubai where she went to set up home and a life of her own after difficult family times. Her Father is now dead and she is returning to help her mother with the funeral arrangements and support her.

The thing is, you learn about Lucas, her boyfriend she had since young, but it didn't work out, you realize she is going to bump into him at some stage in this lovely novel, however, what I wasn't aware of, were all the lies, deceptions and 'hidden skeletons' in this families closet. WOW

Evie's brother died. We learn that early on, and it seems that her Mother had a mini breakdown.
She blamed her husband for their sons death.

Whilst Evie is in the loft sorting out so many things of her Fathers, there is also many boxes of belongings stored there of her dead brothers.

The author just knew how to bring emotions to the forefront in this book which took you deep within yourself.

I remember a distinct part in the first few pages where Evie is coming to terms that her Father has died.

She is looking out of the window and the world is just going on with its business, but her DAD IS DEAD.
I too remember when my Dad died, I was looking out our bedroom window, there was traffic on the roads, people walking up or down the street, life was just going along as normal, but it wasn't normal, I wanted to shout STOP, my dad has just died, my world has fallen apart.
So I related to Evie very well.

As she discovers more and more lies that surround her, things about her dad, things about her Mother. So many lies, just how much more can there be? Just how can she stand it?

Without Lucas to support her, I wondered if she would have gone over the edge.

We also have another sustaining person she can go to for advice, you will learn more about her and how she got to know her as you read this.


In my opinion the blurb does not do this justice, it was much much much more than I thought it would be.

Its a riveting read, lies upon lies upon more layers of lies. As you peel one away, theres another. The explosion comes at the end of the book, which I wasn't expecting as she is traveling home to Dubai


I really love this authors style of writing and as soon as I have pressed SEND on this review I am going to see what else she has written.

I would love to thank Harlequin (UK) Limited via Net Galley for my copy to read and review



Your parents make you who you are.
But how much do you really know about them?
After her father unexpectedly passes away, Evie leaves her life in Dubai behind, and returns to England. Her family home is the same as it ever was: perfectly pristine, but filled with her mother’s unspoken grief for Evie’s brother, who was killed as a child in a tragic accident.
Evie knew that coming home would be hard. But whatever she expected, she’s definitely not prepared for her whole life to unravel in front of her. And as one secret after another is uncovered, she begins to realize that everything she thought she knew about her family has been one big lie…






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment