Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 4 April 2015

Because She Loves Me by Mark Edwards

Because She Loves MeBecause She Loves Me by Mark Edwards
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have given this book my precious reserved 5 stars, its so well laid out and so addictive [as was the characters] holding my attention that it cannot be any less [for me]

I rarely give 5 stars these days, border on 3's and 4's, BUT if a book really does get that 'addictive' feel in my hands, holding my attention, not wanting to put it down, taking my kindle everywhere I go, going to sleep begrudgingly when all I want to do is read yet my eye lids are closing......then its definitely a 5!

I cannot believe with the amount of books I have purchased from Amazon by this author, this is the very first one I have read. I have to rectify this!

Story Teaser


Here we have Andrew, nice, loyal kind Andrew. He's had his fair share of girlfriends. He has 'girls' as friends too, and a sister named Tilly who is wheelchair bound. We later find out what happened to her.

Andrews luck with women truly change when he meets Charlie.

There is an intense sexual attraction, it then goes more than physical, they actually do 'fall' for each other. Andrew loves her more than life itself.

Gradually though, things start to happen. Strange things. Things that seem to add up to when he first got to know Charlie.

Its one of those stories that keep you turning pages. You think you really know the answer to it all.

I was falling asleep last night reading this, and I went to asleep convinced I knew the ending.

Oh no I didn't!

What I loved at the end was the instance of Andrew composing an email. (You will have to buy this book to find out what I mean,) but a superb finale, where I wanted to shout "Oncore Oncore" and get them all back on the stage and take a bow.

The actual LAST page was totally unexpected.

I also loved how the author explained how he came up with the story. DO NOT READ THAT AT THE BEGINNING!
I am sure that is what made this book superb, he drew on many of his own experiences but with the talent of growth. LOVED IT.


I would like to thank Amazon Publishing for allowing me to read this via Net Galley.


A gripping tale of jealousy and obsession, from the #1 bestselling author of The Magpies.
When Andrew Sumner meets beautiful, edgy Charlie, he is certain his run of bad luck has finally come to an end.
But as the two of them embark on an intense affair, Andrew wonders if his grasp on reality is slipping. Items go missing in his apartment. Somebody appears to be following him. And as misfortune and tragedy strike his friends and loved ones, Andrew is forced to confront the frightening truth...
Is Charlie really the girl of his dreams – or the woman of his nightmares?






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment